Sunday, December 12, 2010

This Year....C-R-A-Z-Y

Its hard to believe that this year is rapidly coming to a close. Quick recap of the semester:

-Became a father
-2 Career fairs
-Interviewed with 6 companies
-Accepted an offer for a full time job after graduation
-Family reunion over Thanksgiving
-Finished 2 major projects for school

Wow...I can't believe that I am still alive after all of that! So much has happened, but I do believe that I have gained a TON of knowledge that I will take with me and use in the future.

I loved learning about the Open Source communities through my final project, and the possibility of connecting with so many people through projects and forums.
I enjoyed sharing my computing knowledge with others, including Boolean logic, AI, hacking, and copyright.
I appreciated the ability to channel my learning myself, and research nuclear bombs, databases, altruism, and various digital literacy labs.

The class was set up flawlessly. From self directed learning, to the meshing of digital culture and historic content, it all worked together perfectly.

I really really really really really really really really enjoyed this class. I normally do not enjoy history classes at all. The first civilization course I took was absolute torture. However, once I learned about a course that emphasizes digital literacy, I took notice. I was intrigued, and I wanted to be a part of it! As an Information Technology major, I find so much more satisfaction in learning about modern technologies than about past problems.

All in all...I loved this class, and I would take it again in a heartbeat!

No comments:

Post a Comment