Wednesday, September 1, 2010

All About Me!

Growing up, we always had a computer in our home. My dad was constantly trying to stay on top of the latest technology trends to help manage his electrical business. We had one of the 486 computers from the early 90's and almost everything since. I grew up learning to use a Word processor called WordStar. All it was a blue screen with white text and 3 basic menu selections....ahh those were the days of MS-DOS based games and basic windows.

The best game EVER!!
(for about 6 months before A Link to the Past was released)

Even though I grew up with computers all around me, I wasn't the most proficient in programming or changing hardware or computer hacking skills. I felt that I still had a life outside of computers, and I think that's why I didn't end up a CS major. (Sorry Professor!). If it helps, I do have a CS minor...

I started BYU in the fall of 2003. I had NO idea what I wanted to do with my life at ALL! But, after a few years of taking classes, having fun, and getting married, I finally settled on IT as a major. I think of IT as the jack of trades with computers. We do some programming, some hardware, some project management, some database administration, basically, a little of everything. Plus we have people skills (Sorry again Professor!).

So here I am, about to graduate BYU in 'just a shade under a decade'(brownie points if you know this movie) and I'm just taking my second civilization course. I really am glad I waited this long, because this class is going to be awesome! How many times can I take a humanities class from a CS professor? (Does this make up for my jokes, Brother Zapalla?)


Fast Facts:
Born: Salisbury, MD
Raised: Salisbury, MD
Graduated HS: Salisbury, MD
Met my wife: Salisbury, MD (See a trend?)
Mission: Budapest, Hungary 04-06
Married: November 30, 2007
Expecting: a Girl on September 21st (or whenever she wants to come!)
Graduating: April 2011
Major: Information Technology
Minor: Computer Science



1 comment:

  1. What a cute couple! Glad to have met you the other day in class, Brad, and I hope to hear more from you. It's great to have a mix of majors in the class, so I definitely want to hear your take on things as an IT major. Hope all goes smoothly with your little girl's arrival.

    ReplyDelete