Thursday, November 11, 2010

Blog Review -- Bio Mole Reflections

As part of the midterm review, I am reviewing a fellow digital civilization-ite's blog.


1. understand western civilization in terms of themes, ideas, events, people, and works.

Brian seems to really understand the western civilization aspect of the class. He really caught on with Economics and liken what the history taught him about Keynesian Economics and likened it to the present day troubles and problems. This is only one of the instances of his understanding, I feel he really gets the class in that regard.


2. understand basic computing concepts and digital culture and relate them to history

I really wanted to only positive things in my blog review, but I really couldn't find any instances of Brian understanding basic computing concepts. I think that this criteria is more on a non-blog basis, because I am sure that Brian has understood these things, he just hasn't blogged about it because it isn't his forte. I'm not saying thats a bad thing, I think its great! That's probably why he actually has people comment on his blog as opposed to mine....

3. take control of and manage my own learning in three areas: Create(independently seek out information), Consume(generate varied types of content), Connect (share both in person and online)

Brian has done an excellent job of this. He found additional quotations about Carl Jung, explained moderism using additional sources and trains of thought, likened a book he read to monopoly, connected with the digital world for crowd sourcing techniques, and discussed his final project on localizing our digital labs.

Way to go Brian!

No comments:

Post a Comment